For lack of a more focused/coherent topic, please to enjoy this random collection of mental meanderings.
1. Working in higher ed is so not as glamorous as I thought it would be. Especially at an open-registration community college.
2. Working at a winery is sexier than working in higher ed, but almost as exhausting. Being on the outside of the bar is definitely more fun than being behind it.
3. There are a lot of people and situations I would simply love to write about, but realize I can’t for fear of coming across as a judgmental asshole.
4. I kind of am a judgmental asshole. But there are still plenty of folks who may not realize it yet. Best to keep it that way.
5. Speaking of assholes, we had yet another yard ornament stolen. I spotted it propped up against a light pole a couple days later in our neighbor’s yard two houses down, sans the multicolored solid glass ball that had functioned as a veritable cherry on top. Our neighbor almost ran over it with their lawnmower. Seriously, people, what the fuck? If a kitschy glass thingamabob with no apparent purpose is mounted on a steel pipe well within my property line, IT’S NOT UP FOR GRABS. Literally and/or figuratively. Go to a craft fair already, buy your own fucking thingamabob, and then break it. Chrissake.
6. Things that are fun: shredding paper, blogging, swearing, beachcombing, doing laundry.
7. Things that aren’t fun: all other household chores, working, people who steal yard ornaments, traveling by air, waiting in line.
8. How can I possibly be 53 years old?
9. Did I actually meet Eddie Vedder and then spend time backstage with the rest of Pearl Jam after that show at the Paramount Theatre, or did I dream the whole thing?
10. I didn’t know about setlist.fm until just now. In theory, it’s a super-cool concept. However, 1994 was a long time ago. How would would I know whether or not the setlist from that particular show was accurate unless I had a written copy to compare it to?