I mean, other than the fact that I haven’t posted since December. I’ve been thinking about that a lot.
1. My gas mileage. I just filled up last week, and got over 800 miles and 99 MPG on the last tank. I drive a 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In. It’s ridiculous.
4. That 30 Rock has finally replaced Seinfeld as my favorite TV show ever. Good god, Lemon!
5. That I feel like the co-caretaker of a small petting zoo. Five critters is too many, but they’re family now–for better or worse.
6. That it may be time to start looking for a new job. Like most career paths I’ve tried during my professional life, I’ve discovered working in higher ed isn’t as glamorous as I originally thought–especially not at a community college. There’s a lot of truth in the way community college is portrayed in Community, but it’s like a gazillion times sexier on TV than it is in real life. And the drama! Dear god, the drama.
7. Moving to the coast.
8. That my life is, for all intents and purposes, half over–but in a good way.
9. How exhausting it is to be an introvert in a world where extroversion is prized and expected.
10. How it mostly sucks to be a big person, except for the alcohol.
11. That literally almost every person I see anymore is glued to their smartphone, and that I’m expected to watch out for them. Walking, cycling, driving–doesn’t matter. No one watches where they’re going, and no one makes eye contact. It’s just sad. And how the hell can anyone see that tiny screen without reading glasses?
12. Todos en español. After five terms, I should hope so.
13. That I really need to re-focus on the good and wonderful things about this world and the people living in it. Because damn.